Call Now (877) 767-2407Saturday, December 03, 2016
Reopening a Restaurant after Water Damage
By the RestorationSOS Educational Staff
Restaurants that voluntarily or were forced to close due to extensive water damage should ensure the following in order to resume operations safely:
- Reset all power breakers properly.
- Protect all foods and beverages from contamination.
- Discard all damaged foods and beverages properly.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize all surfaces that will come into contact with food.
In addition, the restaurant should also see to it that the following conditions or services are available before reopening:
- Electricity and natural gas services (if applicable)
- Sanitary wastewater disposal system
- Safe drinking water supply
- Cold and hot water supply for dishware washing
- Adequate and approved ventilation
- Adequate lighting
There are also certain vital facilities in a restaurant that must be fully operable at the time of reopening, including toilet facilities, hand washing facilities, dish sinks, dish machines, refrigeration equipment, hot food holding units, and ventilation system for gas-fueled equipment.
Lastly, a restaurant must be in compliance with the US Food and Drug Administrationís Food Code before resuming operations. A restaurant that has been closed by health regulators should get approval to reopen for business.
Restaurant Water Damage Preparedness and Education
Restaurant Water Damage Recovery
Complete the form and
get a call back
--- OR ---
Call our Hotline and
speak with us now!