Call Now (877) 767-2407Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Regular Hotel Maintenance
By the RestorationSOS Educational Staff
Keeping the hotel in top condition will certainly reduce the risk of experiencing significant water damage. Here are some suggestions of what needs to be done during a hotel's routine maintenance to help avoid water damage:
- Inspect and secure all of the hotelís water supply lines, including those around toilets, showers and bathtubs, under sinks, for water heaters, and water lines in the hotel kitchen such as for the dishwasher.
- Inspect water heaters for any sign of corrosion or moisture.
- Check that the sump pump is working properly before the beginning of each wet season. The use of battery-operated back-up sump pumps is recommended in case of power loss or failure of the main sump pump.
- Hire a qualified contractor to regularly inspect and maintain the hotelís HVAC system. Ensure that they include the condensation pan drain line in their maintenance, checking that there are no obstructions.
- During the cold months, make additional checks of all areas of the hotel that are vulnerable to water damage to ensure there are no leaks or pipe bursts occurring.
Consider this Hardware
Install a water alarm system, which can be hung on the wall or placed on the floor of an area that is susceptible to water damage. It can be configured to sound an alarm when water is detected and some can even shut off the building's water supply during an emergency when a leak is detected such as from burst pipes or faulty sprinklers.
Working with Professionals
In an effort to become as prepared as they can be for unfortunate incidents like water damage, many hotel companies decide to partner ahead with professional restoration companies that, in the event of an emergency, will work onsite along with the hotel staff. These professionals are trained to clean up, repair and restore water-damaged commercial properties.
These companies are able to provide restoration help at every stage of the process from water extraction and debris removal to scrubbing, disinfecting, drying and dehumidification or moisture control. They have construction or renovation specialists who handle the repair and replacement of walls, floors and ceilings.
They would also know how to properly carry out a microbial remediation to kill harmful microorganisms and inhibit mold growth. Most restoration companies can also take care of water damage to hotel fixtures and furniture, electronics, computers, historical and art collections and even paper documents. Having a service contract with a reliable restoration company before the actual emergency is one of the best ways for hotel companies to protect their business from significant losses.
Complete the form and
get a call back
--- OR ---
Call our Hotline and
speak with us now!