Call Now (877) 767-2407Thursday, February 11, 2016
Hotel and Motel Water Damage Preparedness and Education
By the RestorationSOS Educational Staff
Most hotel management strives to prepare for all types of emergencies, including water damage, which can occur even in the most modern and well-maintained hotel properties. Hotel managers know they must be ready for water damage of all kinds from floods to broken water mains.
Usually, hotel managers work with the hotel engineering staff to develop strategic preparedness plans. An emergency response team must be appointed to make sure a water damage emergency will be properly handled. This team should be comprised of competent individuals who can make quick decisions since unfortunate situations usually happen at the most inopportune times, calling for a timely and precise response.
An emergency response plan varies from hotel to hotel, but a basic framework answers the following questions:
- What are the hazards?
- Who has the responsibility for each identified action/task?
- What should be done during a water-related emergency?
- Where are the water valves and valuable tools located?
- Who do you call for emergency help or services?
The plan should also outline the actions to be taken to restore the business. The plan should deal with these aspects:
- Availability of complete equipment inventory
- Potential suppliers of equipment, stocks, and raw materials
- List of options for equipment and vehicles for hire
- Emergency finances
- Communications and hotel records
Complete the form and
get a call back
--- OR ---
Call our Hotline and
speak with us now!